- Thomas Cook ran his first excursion from
Leicester to where? (Loughborough)
- Which famous heroic WWII fighter pilot was a
pupil at Loughborough Grammar School?(Johnnie
Johnson (James Edgar Johnson))
- The inventor of the Hansom Cab came from which
Leicestershire town? (Hinckley)
- Which Leicester MP went on to become a prime
minister? (James Ramsey Mac Donald)
- Which famous prime minister stood for election
as an MP for Leicester, but failed? (Churchill)
- Wordsworth, Walter Scott, Constable and Lord
Byron have all stayed at which NW Leicestershire hall?
- Who are the 4 statues on Leicester's Clock
Tower of? (Simon De Montfort, Thomas White,
William Wiggeston, Gabriel Newton)
- Which famous singer has a house at Great Glen?
- Who was the first Earl of Leicester
(Hugh of Grantmesnil)
- Which famous children's author comes from
Leicestershire, and set her famous set of books in the county?
(Sue Townsend - author of Adrian Mole)
- Which Leicester born Author (born in 1905)
wrote a series of books between 1920 and 1950. During WWII, he was
the chief of
scientific personnel for the ministry of labour.
(C. P. Snow)
- Which Lutterworth man
was the first to successfully translate the bible into English?
- Admiral of the Fleet
Beatty lived at which Leicestershire Hall? (Brookesby)
- Which 70's group came
from Leicester? (Shawaddywaddy)
- Where was Thomas Cook's
original office? (Gallowtree Gate)