This quiz is about famous people who were either
famous citizens of Leicestershire and Rutland, or have links to the
- Thomas Cook ran his first excursion from
Leicester to where?
- Which famous heroic WWII fighter pilot was a
pupil at Loughborough Grammar School?
- The inventor of the Hansom Cab came from which
- Which Leicester MP went on to become a prime
- Which famous prime minister stood for election
as an MP for Leicester, but failed?
- Wordsworth, Walter Scott, Constable and Lord
Byron have all stayed at which NW Leicestershire hall?
- Who are the 4 statues on Leicester's Clock
- Which famous singer has a house at Great Glen?
- Who was the first Earl of Leicester
- Which famous children's author comes from
Leicestershire, and set her famous set of books in the county?
- Which Leicester born Author (born in 1905)
wrote a series of books between 1920 and 1950. During WWII, he was
the chief of
scientific personnel for the ministry of labour.
- Which Lutterworth man
was the first to successfully translate the bible into English?
- Admiral of the Fleet
Beatty lived at which Leicestershire Hall?
- Which 70's group came
- Where was Thomas Cook's
Go To ANSWERS